History Subject Leader is Mrs Neale
Our curriculum intent for history is that children will:
- develop their knowledge of Britain’s past and that of the wider world in a chronological narrative,
- gain a historical perspective of time and change
- understand the complexity of people’s lives and the process of change
- develop their knowledge of the difference and the diversity of societies and the relationships between different groups
- develop a wide historical vocabulary.
History at Holy Trinity, forms an integral part of the curriculum. We believe the study of history inspires children’s curiosity, encourages them to ask critical questions and enables them to have a better understanding of the society in which they live and that of the wider world.
History also helps children gain a sense of their own identity within a social, political, cultural and economic background. Because of this, we feel it is important for the subject to be taught discretely as well as incorporated within other curriculum subjects such as drama, literacy and art.