Computing Subject Leader is Mrs Griffith
Our curriculum intent for computing is that every child will:
· be inspired and enthused by the creative possibilities technology offers
· know how to use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly,
· understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science
· gain practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve problems.
· gain a wide range of experiences in technology in order to prepare pupils for their next phase in life
Holy Trinity is committed to ensuring all children have full access to a high-quality computing education. We have a range of excellent resources to support children in their learning across the whole curriculum as well as in their discrete computing lessons. The school makes good use of shared resources such as iPads, laptops and other technical resources which can be used within lessons or as part of group work.
The Curriculum is largely focused around 3 key areas:
· Digital Literacy: using IT purposefully, creatively and safely.
· Computer Science: developing computational thinking and programming skills.
· Computers, Networks and the Web: understanding how computers, networks and the web function.
How does Computing fit into our School Vision?
We facilitate opportunities so every child can flourish in a place where they feel safe, happy and confident.
Staff wellbeing and professional development is valued and supported in order to fulfil their roles, inspire others and experience personal fulfilment.
The school provides facilities that enable an optimum learning environment.
The school plays a central role within our community and enjoys strong links with the church, local companies and other schools.
Computing is central to the curriculum and is integrated with a range of subjects. The school is well resourced with Interactive Whiteboards in all teaching rooms, which allows us to create visually stimulating lessons and greater opportunities for interactive learning. In addition, the school has a Research Hub with laptops and iPads for indoor and outdoor learning. Children are taught how to program and how to use other technology, access particular software and how to stay safe online. Our main learning tool is Purple Mash. All pupils have a login and password that can be used at home and at school.